The digital marketing ecosystem is always evolving and changing. More and more people are using the internet, the internet is finding applications in more areas and fields, and the demand for technology continues to grow at a breakneck speed. As a business seeking to reach your target audience, digital marketing has a very important role to play in the growth and success of your company.
Digital marketing benefits your business in several ways. It helps you target the right audience, optimizes and improves your conversion rates, improves customer loyalty, boosts credibility, and does much more. If you seek these benefits, it is important to create an effective digital marketing strategy. This further requires embracing the latest trends. At Clear Imaging, we would like to share the hottest digital marketing trends in 2023 that you cannot afford to ignore.
1. SHORT-FORM VIDEO
Consider the following stats and you will realize how important short-form video is in the current-day digital marketing scenario:
- 73% of consumers like to learn about a product/service by watching a short-form video
- This form of video has the highest ROI. It is also the most effective format for driving engagement and lead generation
- Almost a third of short-form videos are watched up to 81% of the entire duration of the video.
- TikTok video viewers spend an average of 45 minutes on the platform at a time
TikTok is just one example of a short-form video platform, and it is the pioneer in this space. Other popular options include Instagram Reels and Youtube Shorts. You can create short-form educational videos to showcase your products, services, or brand.
It is recommended to keep the following points in mind when making the most of short-form videos:
- TikTok is a fully video-based platform
- Instagram Reels is a feature of Instagram
- Since TikTok and Instagram have different algorithms, different content may need to be created for both
- YouTube Shorts are integrated with Google’s advanced ad infrastructure
- TikTok has a deeper impact on trending hashtags and sounds
2. LEVERAGING MICROINFLUENCERS
Microinfluencer marketing is bigger than ever, and it is important that you leverage this trend. Influencer marketing has come a long way from expensive, traditional celebrity brand endorsements. Microinfluencer marketing is a more affordable and relatable approach that is based on trust and authenticity and helps create a bond with your target audience.
It is worth pointing out that the current influencer market size is worth $16.4 billion.
- When selecting an influencer partner, it is essential to take meaningful KPIs into account and not just the numbers, such as the number of followers.
- It is important to choose social media influencers who are also proven content creators.
- It is important to choose influencers who are as influential as their social proof claims.
3. CONTENT MARKETING
Content marketing is here to stay, and it is poised to become bigger and more important in 2023. When done right, content marketing helps draw the right prospects, convert your leads, and retain your existing customers, resulting in increased revenue and business growth.
High-quality content continues to be the foundation for different types of digital marketing strategies including search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing (SMM), and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. Without rich content, search engines cannot rank your website effectively. You will not be able to develop effective ads or social media posts.
AI and marketing automation continue to grow at a fast pace. Automation is set to become bigger and more important in the future. As big data continues to evolve, automation tools will provide more effective ways to automate routines and repetitive tasks. In 2023, you can expect a shift in the mindset from technical-based digital marketing to anticipation-based digital marketing. Marketers will focus on anticipating what their target audience wants before feeding it into the automation process.
Such a new approach will improve digital marketing efficiency while enabling personalization. This will lead to the evolution of signals-based automation. Digital marketing has gone through data collection, observation of behavior, and now the emphasis is on signals. Signals are different from behaviors in that they stand for what the audience is ‘telling’ you about what they want and not just their interests.
Some of the popular automation tools include:
Studies indicate that companies with IT teams that understand customer needs will perform better than their competition in the future. Developing such understanding requires the right automation tools. You will need such tools in the areas of advertising, CRM, lead management, social media, and email marketing among others.
5. LINKEDIN AS A B2B POWERHOUSE
LinkedIn is a B2B powerhouse. It is arguably the most important social network for your business if you want to reach business owners and connect with professionals. The platform enables your company to build relationships, generate leads, conduct market research, establish thought leadership, develop online communities, and boost reputation.
Some of the additional reasons you should be using LinkedIn to drive your B2B marketing goals are as follows:
- Creating brand awareness and improving reputation
- Influencer marketing
- Generating leads
- Generating targeted traffic
- Listening and getting valuable insights
So, these are the hottest digital marketing trends that will shape the marketing landscape in 2023. It is essential to embrace them to drive growth and success for your business. If you need deeper insights into more effective online marketing strategies, feel free to get in touch with us at 1(800) 380-6942. You can also write to us and we will get back to you soon as humanly possible.